Oil & Gas
Manufacturers supplying the oil and gas industry face unique challenges in today’s oil-hungry world. With the projected annual increases in demand for oil, additional and more complex equipment may be required as oil and gas producers seek innovative and more efficient methods of extracting as much oil as possible from existing old fields, in addition to finding new solutions for extracting oil from unconventional sources. Coupled with the increase in demand for parts and equipment, the ever-increasing lead time (and cost) for specialized materials. EDGECAM can help your company meet these challenges whilst still meeting delivery dates and without sacrificing quality.
Leading manufacturers for oil and gas meet these challenges with the precision cutting and reduced materials waste they have realized by using EDGECAM.
Features at a glance:
- Production Milling provides a wide range of flexible milling cycles. Machining efficiency is maximized on simple and complex prismatic parts as well as those incorporating sculptured surface geometry. With EDGECAM you get prismatic machining combined with powerful 3D solid and surface machining strategies, all in one complete solution.
- Production Turning provides functionality for a wide range of machine tools, including 2-axis lathes, multi-turret configurations, sub-spindle turning centers and mill/turn machines. Ease of use and an understanding that cycle times are critical, especially on multi-configuration mill/turn machines, underpin the development of EDGECAM's turning functionality.
- Mill/Turn Machining – EDGECAM’s graphic timeline allows users to synchronize operations on different turrets and spindles, optimizing manufacturing processes and minimizing cycle time.
- 4 & 5-Axis Machining – EDGECAM’s comprehensive range of simultaneous 4- and 5-axis strategies offers key advantages by reducing the number of operations required for the production of complex components.
- High Performance Milling – EDGECAM minimizes cycle times and maximizes tool life while ensuring a high quality surface finish. Intelligent roughing strategies offer quick and efficient machining through advanced features like trochoidal milling and adaptive feed rates, providing faster material removal and extended tool life.
- Powerful Finishing Strategies offer intelligent lead and link moves for a variety of finishing techniques with advanced options allowing you to optimize the toolpath for higher speed machining and reduce or eliminate the need for costly and time-consuming manual finishing.
- Guaranteed Data Integrity – EDGECAM Solid Machinist seamlessly loads native files from major CAD systems including Autodesk Inventor®, Solid Edge®, SolidWorks®, Pro/ENGINEER®, Pro/DESKTOP® and CATIA V5. EDGECAM also accepts files in the following independent formats: IGES, DXF, VDA, Parasolid ® and ACIS.
- Full Machine Simulation is available with EDGECAM Simulator, a state-of-the-art tool that simulates and verifies machining operations. The simulation gives a realistic representation of the machining process, allowing the user to prove out programs off-line and move into production faster.
- Reduced Programming Time – EDGECAM Strategy Manager reduces programming time by capturing best practice and machining knowledge into strategic metal removal templates. The strategy templates are stored in EDGECAM’s knowledge-base, where they can be used to quickly and reliably reproduce components for a variety of parts, dramatically reducing programming time and providing optimized and consistent repeatability.
To help you realise maximum return on your investment, our industry professionals will review your manufacturing process and supply you with automation tools in EDGECAM that will consistently capture best practice and give you optimized repeatability.